The Manship House is a historic residence in Jackson, Mississippi. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972, and was designated a Mississippi Landmark in 1986.HistoryIn 1836, Charles Henry Manship moved from Maryland to Jackson, Mississippi, where he became a prominent businessman, civic leader, and mayor during the American Civil War. By 1838, Manship had married Adeline Daley, daughter of David Daley, who was contractor for the Mississippi State Capitol during its construction in the 1830s.DescriptionCompleted in 1857, the Manship House served as the family home of Charles Manship, his wife, and their fifteen children. The house was constructed as a one-story, wood-frame structure in Gothic Revival architectural style. The interior of the house consisted of a main block with a central hallway, flanked by two rooms on each side. An ell incorporated a dining room and sitting room. Three chimneys projected from the hipped roof, and ceilings in all rooms extended to 16ft. The west elevation included a 50ft porch, with an enclosed central bay.In 1937, the Manship House was the site of the last reunion of Confederate veterans in Mississippi. The house was occupied continuously by members of the Manship family from 1857 until 1975, when it was acquired by the state of Mississippi to serve as a museum.