We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. Read more…
Maple Grove Church of God

Maple Grove Church of God

2729 E 38th St, Anderson (IN), 46013, United States

Get Directions

(765) 644-7532

Categories
Work hours Add information
About 2729 E. 38th St., Anderson, In 46013
(765) 644-7532; maplegrovechog@gmail.com
On Twitter @MapleGroveCOG
Maple Grove Church of God cover
Mission Maple Grove Church of God has been serving the Anderson community for many decades.

This church has a long history of strong Christian relationships, fellowship, and most importantly, faithfulness to the mission of Christ.

Maple Grove began its ministry in 1938, when Rev. Henry Young began a Sunday School in a house at 16th and B Streets in Anderson. The church was called Beacon Light Tabernacle, and was interdenominational. They constructed the church building which still stands on 18th Street (behind Mounds Mall).

In 1941, Rev. Albert Stevens became pastor, on the condition that the church become affiliated with the Church of God Reformation Movement. The congregation agreed, and the new name became: Irondale Church of God. Rev. Nathan Smith served as pastor beginning in 1948. When he went to Japan as a missionary, he was succeeded by Rev. Harry Hebenthal. Rev. Jeff Webb became pastor in 1954, and was followed by Rev. Wayne Thompson about 1959.

In 1963, the church called Rev. Cliff Braschler to serve as pastor. In 1966, we purchased a house and 8 acres at 2729 East 38th Street and changed our name to Maple Grove Church of God. Regular services began in the basement of the house on New Year's Day 1967 and continued there until 1970, when the new sanctuary was built. The Fellowship Hall wing of the building was added about 1977.

Rev. Paul Hutchins was pastor from 1970 to 1980, between assignments for the Missionary Board in Bangladesh and Kenya. Rev. Marvin Baker came in 1980. Rev. Jeff Hency became our pastor in 1990. Rev. Alan Overstreet, began his ministry with us in 1993 and concluded it in August 2002. Rev. Fred Shively became our pastor in 2003. From 2005 - May 2013, Daniel Kihm, was pastor. He left to focus 100% on his calling into the missions field.

Rev. Steve DeLisle was called to be senior pastor and began his service November 3, 2013.
Description Sunday School 9:00 AM
Worship 10:15 AM

LOGOS Wednesdays 5:00 - 7:45 PM, returning Fall 2014!

Wednesdays at 6:30 PM through the end of May, Pastor Steve is leading us in Discovering Our Church. We are looking back at our past, how we got here and where we want to go in the future.
Awards 1st place float - 2013 Anderson Christmas parade - for our pageant entry in the parade.
Founded 1938

Similar places nearby