Maryland Center for the Book develops and supports programs that promote and celebrate books, reading, libraries, and the state's literary history.
Maryland Center for the Book (MCFB) at Maryland Humanities develops and supports programs that promote and celebrate books, reading, libraries, Maryland writers, and the state’s literary heritage. Join MCFB and our network of partners for literary programs and outreach activities that engage citizens across Maryland.
Our programs include:
- One Maryland One Book, the statewide reading program started in 2007
- Veterans Book Groups, uniting Veterans through literature
- Literature & Medicine, a discussion group for health care professional
- Letters About Literature, a writing competition for students grades 4-12 sponsored by the Library of Congress
- Literary Mount Vernon Walking Tour