|Work hours||Add information|
Formed in 2010 to promote physical fitness, teamwork and leadership skills through rugby.
A. MYRO has the dual mission of
* Promoting, encouraging and developing the sport of rugby by providing school, community and regional youth programs with administrative, organizational, coaching and fund-raising support within the framework established by USA Rugby; and
* Developing the players by providing them with an environment which welcomes every child who wishes to play; respects all of the participants – players, coaches, referees, parents and fans; and values effort, integrity and sportsmanship as much as winning.
B. The objectives of MYRO shall be:
1. To support, educate, promote and foster the development of Youth Rugby in Massachusetts.
2. To advocate adherence to the Laws of Rugby Union Football as promulgated by the International Rugby Board.
3. To deliver education, programs, and services, to enable Rugby programs and participating athletes to achieve their maximum potential.
4. To provide structure and support for age grade (U-15) programs, U-19 and interscholastic competition, and high performance youth rugby opportunities.
|Description||The Massachusetts Youth Rugby Organization is a non-profit formed in 2010 to promote physical fitness, teamwork and leadership skills through the game of rugby. MYRO is a part of USA Rugby and supports all levels of youth rugby from Under-9 through high school ages. For more information about rugby and MYRO please visit our website's "about rugby" page or contact us.|
|Awards||MAHPERD Exhibitor of the Year 2012|