|Work hours||Add information|
100% scholarship for 100% of students. Parents give time, not money! Volunteering opportunities for all.
|Mission||A youth movement providing free education in rural Nepal. We provide space for people all around the world to volunteer and take part in grass roots development process.|
Our innovative funding method allows parents to work at the school for two days every month instead of paying money. We use this time from the parents to produce agricultural and handicraft products. At Maya we ask volunteers to contribute 10$ per day for the duration of their stay to cover food and accommodation expenses, as well as salaries to Nepali teachers and staff. Discounts and scholarship opportunities are possible. Nepalese students can get a 50% discount. We are a social entrepreneurship venture trying to accomplish what international INGOs, NGOs and the government have always promised but continuously failed to deliver.
If you are interested in volunteering, please use the URL below and fill out the form. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- 2017 GoAbroad Innovation Award Winner for "Innovation in Philantropy" https://www.goabroad.com/blog/2017/06/06/announcing-the-2017-goabroad-innovation-award-winners/
- Sustania100 (2016) https://issuu.com/sustainia/docs/sustainia100_2016
- 2nd place in 'Social Entrepreneurship Challenge' in Singapore (2014)
- 25 Most Promising Projects in the World
- Social Development Award 2013.
- A special recognition for contribution towards the education sector at the Nepalese Ministry of Education by Color Nepal.
- Finalist at the Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneurs Awards
- 2nd place in girls football organized by St.Xavier's