|About||Dechrau Disglair will provide care for children aged from 3 months to 7 years|
At ‘Dechrau Disglair’ Nursery, the guiding principle that underlies our entire practice is:
“Developing young minds to meet lifes challenges, in a caring, homely environment”
The Nursery will provide the service through the medium of Welsh. All staff are bilingual and will give a warm welcome to children from both Welsh speaking and non-Welsh speaking homes. We offer support to non-Welsh speaking parents/guardians as they help their children master the language.
The nursery will be operate Monday – Friday, from 7.30am – 6.00pm
• Early morning: 7.30am – 8.00am
• Morning session: 8.00am – 1.00pm
• Afternoon session: 1.00pm – 6.00pm
• Full day: 8.00am – 6.00pm
To enable us to provide quality care for our children, we work to at least the following staffing that comply with CSSIW ratios:
• 1:3 children under 2 years
• 1:4 children aged 2-3 years
• 1:8 children aged 3-5 years
To provide a warm, caring, safe and stimulating environment.
• To create a learning environment that offers excellent quality care and education through a broad and balanced curriculum (foundation phase).
• To treat everyone with equal respect irrespective of gender, race, religion or disability.
• To provide a wide range play experiences which enable them to develop the skills required for them to flourish at home and later at school.
• To encourage independence by allowing the children to self select their own toys and activities for substantial parts of the day.
At Dechrau Disglair we offer a curriculum that is not only broad based but that takes into
account the individual needs of each child, allowing each child to develop at their own pace.
In each room the experiences offered are appropriate to the child’s age and include both indoor and outdoor activities. Children are free to play as part of a group or one their own. This helps them to develop self-confidence and social interaction.
Children learn most effectively when they are enjoying themselves and having fun, this is w