Academic excellence + great school spirit = Metro Deaf School.
|Mission||Metro Deaf School promotes academic excellence for Deaf and Hard of Hearing students using an ASL/English bilingual approach. Our primary purpose is to empower our students to develop the skills and knowledge to succeed as global citizens.|
Metro Deaf School. Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow
• 100% graduation rate
• MDS students typically outperform peers on the SAT (normed for D/HH students nationally). More than 95% of students graduating have pursued some form of higher education: 2- to 4-year colleges/universities, technical colleges or training programs.
• High School and Individuals: Gallaudet University Academic Bowl (Regionals and Nationals), RIT Science Fair
• Junior High School: Battle of the Books
• ASL Contest: Gallaudet University, K-12
• Marie Philips ASL Contest
• High school grant winner, "Student Research for Action" from national nonprofit What Kids Can Do.