|About||MDH is an attorney-assisted Do-It-Yourself divorce law firm. We prepare all documents and provide step-by-step instructions. www.MichiganDivorceHelper.com|
MDH is an attorney-assisted Do-It-Yourself divorce law firm. We prepare all of the required legal documents, provide you with detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to navigate the process, answer all of your questions, and provide you with support throughout the process. www.MichiganDivorceHelper.com
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
1. Make an appointment for a consultation with an experienced family law attorney.
2. Meet with an attorney.* During the meeting, the attorney will obtain all your information, answer your questions and provide you with legal advice regarding the issues related to your divorce, including custody, parenting time, property settlement, retirement plans and other assets and liabilities.
3. Within 72 hours, we will draft all the required documents, from the Complaint for Divorce (which starts the divorce process) through the Judgment of Divorce (the divorce decree signed by the Judge at the end of the process).
4. We will provide you with all the required documents, provide detailed, step by step instructions as to where to go, what to file and what to say.
5. If your settlement changes before the divorce is completed, we will revise the Judgment of Divorce free of charge.
6. We provide unlimited, free phone and email support throughout the process.
*When you hire MDH, you will sign a retainer agreement which provides for limited representation. We agree to provide legal advice and document preparation, but we will not file any documents or appear in court with you.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: www.MichiganDivorceHelper.com OR CALL 248-399-5400.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Don’t I need an attorney to represent me in court?
- No. There is no requirement that you have an attorney represent you in court. In fact, parties represent themselves in approximately 25% of divorce matters in Michigan.
2. What the difference between Michigan Divorce Helper and other online divorce form websites?
- There are a number of online services that provide legal forms. On these sites, you complete an online questionnaire, and the site then provides you with copies of your completed forms. However, these forms are generic and usually do not fully comply with the requirements of Michigan courts. There are several advantages to using Michigan Divorce Helper:
- We provide you with forms that are specifically tailored to meet the requirements for Michigan courts and the county where your divorce will be filed. Each court has their own “local rules” and our forms comply with the local rules in Oakland, Wayne and Macomb counties.
- During the intake process, we will ask you about every issue related to your children and your assets and liabilities to make sure that your paperwork resolves every issue.
- We provide you with detailed instructions on how to complete your case, down to the room number of the clerk’s office.
- We are available to answer questions throughout the process.
3. Doesn’t the court offer divorce forms for free?
- Yes, you can find divorce forms your local bar association law library. However, you will not find detailed instructions and the bar association staff are prohibited from providing legal advice.
4. What are “limited legal services”?
- Rather than representing you throughout your divorce, we will prepare the paperwork and provide you with instructions and advice, so you can represent yourself in court. Therefore, you are agreeing to limit our representation to the following:
Michigan Divorce Helper will:
1. Meet with you to review all the issues in your case and provide you with legal advice.