Mill Hill railway station was a station in Mill Hill, London NW7 on the now-removed railway between Mill Hill East station and Edgware railway station. It was located near the junction of Bunns Lane and Lyndhurst Avenue.HistoryThe railway line was built by the Edgware, Highgate and London Railway and was opened on 22 August 1867 by the Great Northern Railway (GNR) (which had taken over the EH&LR) in what was then rural Middlesex. The station, then named The Hale Halt, was not opened until 1906, on the single track from Finchley Central to Edgware. The whole line ran from Finsbury Park to Edgware via Highgate with branches to Alexandra Palace and High Barnet.After the 1921 Railways Act created the Big Four railway companies, the line was, from 1923, part of the London & North Eastern Railway (LNER). The station was named Mill Hill (The Hale) in 1928.In 1935 London Underground devised a five-year "New Works Programme" of improvements, and planned to take over the line from the LNER in its "Northern Heights" plan. The line was to be modernised for use by electric trains on double track, and amalgamated with the Northern line.