This is an official page of the FDRE Ministry of Women And Children Affairs that provides updated, relevant and accurate information.
Ministry of women, children and Youth Affairs
Follow-up the implementation of international convention and national Laws pertinent to women, children and Youth, conduct research and study, prepare policy and guidelines;
Follow-up the implementation; collaborate with organization’s working on women Youth issues and perform capacity building activities to ensure equal participation and benefit of women in political, economical and social spheres.
To see the Ethiopian women and Youth Equal participation and to benefit from economic, social and political spheres and protect children’s rights and security.
The Ministry of Women, Children and Youth Affairs shall have the power and duties to
1. Create awareness and movement on the question of women, children and youth;
2. Collect, compile and disseminate to all stakeholders information on the objective realities faced by women, children and Youth;
3. Ensure that opportunities are created for women and the Youth to actively participate in political, economic and social affairs of the country;
4. Encourage and support women and the youth to be organized, based on their free will and needs, with a view to defending their rights and solving their problems;
5. Design strategies to follow up and evaluate the preparation of policies, legislations, development programs and projects by federal government organs to ensure that they give due considerations to women and youth issues;
6. Undertake studies to identify discriminatory practices, and follow up their implementation;
7. Device means for the proper application of women’s right to affirmative actions guaranteed at the national level and follow the implementation of same;
8. Ensure that due attention is given to select women for decision-making positions in various government organs;
9. Coordinate all stakeholders to project the rights and well-being of children;
10. Follow up the implementation of treaties relating to women and children a