|Work hours||Add information|
|About||We believe that the doors to salvation are always open, and so are the doors to our church!|
|Mission||We believe that the door to salvation is always open and so are the doors to our church. We are a corporate body that proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit. Our cause is for all people to know and accept His power and His love. We strive to save and to bless, to make disciples, and to minister with the intent to meet the needs of the the community, and mankind as a whole.|
Mount Calvary Baptist Church was organized in January of 1906, during a meeting at the home of Mrs. Flora Woodson, a resident of Simpson Road in Ardmore, PA. The first services were held later on that month led by the Reverend E. Luther Cunningham, who served until 1908. The church quickly gained respect and acknowledgement in the community, obtaining official recognition in April of 1906, by a unanimous vote of the Baptist Churches of Philadelphia and Vicinity.
Nine reverends have accepted the pastorate since its establishment. Of all of these men, Reverend F. M. Hedgeman has served the longest. He served for a total of 40 years, from 1913 to 1953. Throughout the duration of his lengthy tenure, the church multiplied in size and significance in the Ardmore community. During this time a new church was built and dedicated with a new entrance, additional Sunday School facilities added, and a new pipe organ installed.
Mount Calvary is currently directed by Reverend Albert G. Davis, Jr. Under his leadership, the church has introduced many new programs which continue to thrive, including the Board of Christian Education, Christmas Candlelight Services, Holy Week Services and the Parents Ministry Group, whose mission is to take on issues in local schools.*
*Text Source: The First 300, lowermerionhistory.org
In 2014 MCBC proudly celebrated 108 years of dedicated service! Our steadily growing church community continues to flourish, consistently welcoming new members to its flock.