|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Mount Junior Rugby - up to date info for players, family and friends.|
Our club is committed to providing a safe, enjoyable family environment and personal development across all rugby divisions.
We are home to over 250 Junior Players during the winter season that proudly wear the Gold and Green colours.
In 1923 a group of young men living in Mount Maunganui got together to form the Mount Maunganui Rugby Club, Mostly employed at the P.W.D Workshops when the East Coast railway line was being fabricated.
The Club’s ability to field teams before and during World War II varied depending on player availability in what was still a small town. However, this changed late in 1946 when the Club was reformed after the war. A team was fielded in 1947 and since then the Club has continued to grow and prosper.
In 1963 Mount Rugby Club built its first club on a freehold section in Hinau Street however five years later it was found these clubrooms were far too small to accommodate growing numbers, after approaching the council who were keen to purchase the property it was decided the club was to be relocated to Blake Park.
In 1973 the present club rooms with two squash courts were laid out and furnished through the efforts of a very hard working group of club members. Development of the site has grown over the years building a further squash court, rugby changing rooms and large lounge in 1981 with further builds introducing changing facilities by the Council in 2008.
The club is wholly run by volunteers, mostly (though not all), mums and dads of children playing the game. Like other rugby clubs in Bay of Plenty, our club depends on the continued good spirit showed by all children and parents who turn up to become a part of the greater Mount Sports community.