|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Find out what is happening at the Methven Heritage Centre - events, exhibitions & activities.|
1) To create and manage a facility that can be used by locals and outside groups as a conference and events venue to bring visitors to the town and support the local economy.
2) Develop and manage a viable visitor attraction of international standard showcasing the two industries Methven is famous for; agriculture and snow-sports.
3) Create an educational facility with relevant and exciting programmes to provide quality Learning Outside the Classroom experiences and outcomes for local students and visiting school groups.
4) Enhance the cultural tapestry of rural Mid-Canterbury.
5) Develop a business that is sustainable and profitable in order to meet these social, cultural and economic objectives.
|Description||The Mt Hutt Memorial Hall & Heritage Centre offers a range of modern and affordable meeting and conference spaces from 10 to 435 people. The recent addition of a visitor attraction, the NZ Alpine & Agriculture Encounter provides a truly unique space for hosting a cocktail party or launch event. The Centre also has a Cafe, 70 seat theatrette, Art Gallery, offices, the Methven i-SITE and plenty of on-site carparking, making it a truly versatile venue for conferences, events & weddings.|
|Awards||Regional Runner-up Heritage & Environment 2010 & 2012 Trustpower Community Awards.|
|Products||Conference Venue (Auditorium, Function room & Board room, Theatrette), Art gallery, NZ Alpine & Agriculture Encounter, Hall of Memories.|