|Work hours||Add information|
My Place Teen Center is a year round, free, after-school program for youth ages 10-18.
My Place provides a safe haven for youth sustaining them with comfort, meals, resources, and hope.
Vision: MPTC youth will have the academic, job readiness, and life skills necessary to lead independent adult lives filled with stewardship, courage, passion, and joy.
• Encouraging respect, compassion, and kindness for all who enter our premises.
• Supporting accountability – making a difference in our own and in others’ lives.
• Nurturing positive and sustained relationships with caring adults.
• Ensuring youth input and involvement in decision-making.
• Embracing forward-thinking practices and cultivating strong community partnerships.
• Implementing evidence-based practices encompassing good physical and mental health, positive social and emotional development, and academic achievement.
• Taking a practical, research-based, outcome-focused approach involving the whole community that then leads to youth avoiding risky behaviors, having better performance in school, and obtaining greater social competence.
• Pursuing extraordinary possibilities of hope!
My Place Teen Center (MPTC) is an after-school, five-hours/day, Monday through Friday program, for youth ages 10-18. MPTC offers a multi-purpose, academically enriching, life-skills enhancing, youth development program that has been the focal point of greater Portland’s teen activities since its inception in 1998.
|Awards||WCSH 6 Who Care Agency of Distinction | United Way Partner Agency | Mainebiz’s Nonprofit Business Leader of the Year | Maine Children’s Alliance Giraffe Award |TD Beach to Beacon Charitable Recipient|
MY PLACE TEEN CENTER BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Officers: Professional Affiliation:
Matthew Brown (7/10) Chair, Ameriprise Financial
Andrew Cook (3/15) Treasurer, People’s United Bank
Opal Staudenmaier (7/13) Secretary, IDEXX Laboratories
Martha Gaythwaite (6/15) Verrill Dana
Suzanne Joyce (6/15) Westbrook School Committee
Maureen Van Uden (8/15) TD Bank
Melody Stickney (7/16) Unum
Lori Whitlock (7/10) Desmond and Rand, PA
Veronica Bates (9/17) Community Volunteer, Kiwanis, School Committee
Wes Bonney Trustee, John T. Gorman Foundation
Jen Bowring, Vice President, People's United Bank
Larry Caruso Community Member
Theresa Cloutier SVP Marketing & Customer Experience, DMM
Carol Colson Sr. Vice President, Director of Marketing and Community Relations, Bangor Savings Bank
Ben Campo Douglas McDaniel Campo & Schools
Tom Douglas Douglas McDaniel Campo & Schools
Rev. Tim Higgins St. Ann's Episcopal Church
Cheryl Hinkson Director of Operations, Hannaford
Kevin McCarthy Consultant, Retired EVP and COO, Unum Group and President and CEO, UnumUS
David McDonald President, DLM Corp
Doug McKeown CEO/Chairman, Woodard & Curran
Peter Richard VP – Sr. Employee Relations Consultant, TD Bank
Betsy Richards Community Member
Lee Rossignol Director of Sales, Varney Agency | Insurance & Bonding
Michael Sanphy Mayor, Westbrook; President, Westbrook Historical Society
Deborah Shangraw Owner, Emerald Management Corporation
Philip Spiller, Jr. Commander, US Navy Reserve; Captain, Jetblue Airways
Giovani Twigge Chief Human Resources Officer, IDEXX Laboratories
Colette Wold Community Member
Mark Woodbury Owner, Woodbury Creative
ADVISORY COUNCIL - YOUTH
Lexi Dearborn Former participant; former intern – MPTC’s Youth Leadership Academy; MPTC Staff June 2013 – January 2015; September 2015 - present