|Work hours||Add information|
|About||My Place Teen Center is a year round, free, after-school program for youth ages 10-18.|
My Place provides a safe haven for youth sustaining them with comfort, meals, resources, and hope.
Vision: MPTC youth will have the academic, job readiness, and life skills necessary to lead independent adult lives filled with stewardship, courage, passion, and joy.
• Encouraging respect, compassion, and kindness for all who enter our premises.
• Supporting accountability – making a difference in our own and in others’ lives.
• Nurturing positive and sustained relationships with caring adults.
• Ensuring youth input and involvement in decision-making.
• Embracing forward-thinking practices and cultivating strong community partnerships.
• Implementing evidence-based practices encompassing good physical and mental health, positive social and emotional development, and academic achievement.
• Taking a practical, research-based, outcome-focused approach involving the whole community that then leads to youth avoiding risky behaviors, having better performance in school, and obtaining greater social competence.
• Pursuing extraordinary possibilities of hope!
My Place Teen Center (MPTC) is an after-school, five-hours/day, Monday through Friday program, for youth ages 10-18. MPTC offers a multi-purpose, academically enriching, life-skills enhancing, youth development program that has been the focal point of greater Portland’s teen activities since its inception in 1998.
Stats: We serve 40-70 kids/day and prepare more than 9,100 meals.
|Awards||WCSH 6 Who Care Agency of Distinction | United Way Partner Agency | Mainebiz’s Nonprofit Business Leader of the Year | Maine Children’s Alliance Giraffe Award |TD Beach to Beacon Charitable Recipient|
MY PLACE TEEN CENTER’S BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Rev. Tim Higgins Chair, St. Ann’s Episcopal Church
Lori Whitlock Vice-Chair Regulatory Compliance Consultant
Andrew Cook Treasurer, People’s United
Opal Staudenmaier Secretary, IDEXX Laboratories
Martha Gaythwaite Partner, Verrill Dana
Veronica Bates Westbrook School Committee and Kiwanis
Cheryl Hinkson Director of Operations, Hannaford
Colette Wold Owner, Bella
Theresa Cloutier Owner/Senior VP, DMM
Jen Bowring Vice President, People’s United Bank
Chris Bowring Account Executive – Lindenmeyr Munroe
Larry Caruso Community Member
Carol Colson Sr. Vice President, Director of Marketing and Community Relations, Bangor Savings Bank
Ben Campo Douglas McDaniel Campo
Suzanne Joyce Norton – Insurance Financials; Westbrook School Committee
Kevin McCarthy Consultant, Retired EVP and COO, Unum Group and President and CEO, UnumUS
David McDonald President, DLM Corp
Doug McKeown CEO/Chairman, Woodard & Curran
Catherine Powers CEO, Constant Energy Capital
John Powers CEO, JD Powers Trading Co
Lee Rossignol Sales Manager, SAPPI
Michael Sanphy Mayor, Westbrook; President, Westbrook Historical Society
Deborah Shangraw Owner, Emerald Management Corporation
Philip Spiller, Jr. Commander, US Navy Reserve; Captain, JetBlue Airways
Melody Stickney Director of Client Experience, Unum
Giovani Twigge Chief Human Resources Officer, IDEXX Laboratories
Anne Vaillancourt Philanthropic Consultant
Mark Woodbury Owner, Woodbury Creative
Maureen Van Uden Commercial Lead, Androscoggin Bank
ADVISORY COUNCIL - YOUTH
Lexi Dearborn Former participant; former intern – MPTC’s Youth Leadership Academy; MPTC Staff June 2013 – present