|About||NSPS GIll Park Ludhiana|
Knowledge is Power !
Current Principal: Harmeet Kaur Waraich
Nankana Sahib Public School was started as an English medium co-educational school on July 17, 1978, in the campus of Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College by the Nankana Sahib Education Trust under the initiative of Mr Kishan Singh Gill, Director, with the aim of providing quality basic education on public school lines to rural children so that they could compete with urban children for entry into professional colleges and public services.
Children of Defence personnel, Central Government employees and other persons holding transferable jobs are admitted on a priority basis. The school was well received from the very beginning by people of nearby rural areas and within a few years has earned a reputation comparable with that of the best public schools of the city. It has proved a boon for villages near Ludhiana. The school was shifted to its own huge campus spread on 15 acres in 1981.
The aim of the school is all-round development of students, to equip them to achieve their cherished place in life with distinction and enable them to follow the ideas of service to the ‘nation and humanity’. The school has a sacred mission to provide quality education and create an engineering aptitude among the students.
The school was affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, in 1985 and provides education in medical, non-medical, commerce and arts up to the senior secondary level. The school has got vast playgrounds, well-equipped laboratories and a computer room. The school library is well equipped with books on all subjects and languages. An ultra-modern auditorium with a capacity to seat around 1500 persons has been set up in the school.