Petro Tchaikovsky National Music Academy of Ukraine or Kyiv Conservatory is a Ukrainian state institution of higher music education. Its courses include postgraduate education.HistoryThe Kyiv Conservatory was founded on 3 November 1913 at the Kyiv campus of the Music College of the Russian Musical Society. The organization of the conservatory was spearheaded by Sergei Rachmaninoff and Alexander Glazunov. The first directors were V. Pukhalsky (1913) and Reinhold Glière (1914–1920). In 1925, the junior classes were separated from the conservatory to form a Music College, while the senior classes were merged into the formerly private Music and Drama Institute of Mykola Lysenko (today the ). Viktor Kosenko taught at both institutions.The conservatory was revived when Kyiv once again became the capital of Ukraine in 1934. The Music and Drama Institute of Mykola Lysenko was dissolved and its music department was merged back with the Music College, while the drama department served as the basis for creation of the Kyiv State Theater Institute of Les Kurbas. In 1938, the conservatory received the Order of Lenin award. In 1940, the conservatory was named after Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. In 1995, the President of Ukraine elevated the conservatory's status, and renamed it the Petro Tchaikovsky National Music Academy of Ukraine.The conservatory occupies a building built in the 1890s as the Hotel Continental (architects Eduard Bradtman and Georg Schleifer). The building was destroyed during World War II, but was rebuilt in 1955, at which point a concert hall was added (architects L. Katok and Ya. Krasny). It is located on Horodetsky street 1/3.