|Mission||The San Diego Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) is dedicated to enabling its members to be the most knowledgeable, successful and competitive in the electrical contracting industry. We will continue to be the undisputed leader and voice of electrical contractors in San Diego County through improved business practices and continuous education of our membership.|
|Description||NECA has provided over a century of service to the $130 billion electrical construction industry that brings power, light, and communication technology to buildings and communities across the United States. The San Diego Chapter was chartered in 1942, and today represents more than one hundred electrical contractors with an elected Board of Directors and a full-time professional staff.|
Our products and services include, but are not limited to:
1. Technical training for all IBEW labor classifications.
2. Training of Foremen, Project Managers, and Estimators.
3. Training in the latest technologies and emerging markets.
4. Training in the latest code and regulatory requirements such as CALCTP Acceptance Testing, Title 24 Energy Efficiency Standards and Alternative Energy, including those required to install EV Charging Stations.
5. Assistance in getting paid on public works projects.
6. Legislative advocacy.
7. Contacts to help obtain insurance and bonding.
Our contractors are proficient in all aspects of electrical contracting including, but not limited to:
1. Effective Project Management and Field Supervision
2. Pre-construction Services, including Design-Assist and Building Information Modeling (BIM)
3. Design-Build Services
4. Energy Efficiency Compliance and Solutions
5. Special Systems installation and integration (fire alarm, telecom, sound, audio-video, security, etc.)
6. Alternative Energy