|About||Norfolk Collegiate welcomes academically qualified students of diverse backgrounds to participate in a close-knit school defined by academic excellence and honor from pre-kindergarten to grade 12.|
|Mission||The mission of Norfolk Collegiate School is to educate a diverse body of students to thrive in a college setting and beyond. Each student learns through traditional and innovative teaching within a warm and caring community.|
Norfolk Collegiate is an independent, coeducational day school enrolling students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
We blend a traditional college preparatory program with student-engaged instruction with innovative techniques to foster in each student a continuing desire to learn, to understand and to serve society responsibly.
Within a caring community, our Oaks are challenged to build on their strengths and to develop attitudes and habits that bring success in college and throughout their lives.
Middle and Upper School, 7336 Granby Street, Norfolk, VA 23505
Lower School, 5429 Tidewater Drive, Norfolk, VA 23509
Also follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube!
|Founded||March 1, 1948|
COLLEGE-BOUND GRADUATES AND LIFELONG LEARNERS!
We develop critical thinkers, doers and explorers through innovative, engaging instruction in an inclusive and supportive learning community.
Innovative learning for a changing world.
We equip students to chart their unique paths to success by providing an educational experience based on the following principles:
* An excellent, broad-based educational foundation that allows students to discover their passions and become well-rounded individuals.
* A supportive, warm and caring environment that encourages students to view pursuits as learning experiences and to expand personal horizons.
* A close partnership between the student, faculty and parents that results in optimal student outcomes.
* A strong value system that grounds student decision-making in honor, integrity and social responsibility.
* Engaging all members of our community in fostering student success results in innovation and excellence.
PORTRAIT OF A GRADUATE:
1. Our graduates have the academic tools, passion for learning and flexibility to thrive wherever life takes them and wherever they choose to go.
2. Our graduates are self-motivated and inquisitive, recognizing that knowledge and wisdom are lifelong pursuits.
3. Our graduates are confident, independent thinkers who pursue new endeavors to learn from successes and challenges alike.
4. Our graduates have developed an individual moral compass—rooted in integrity, responsibility and respect—that guides them to the right course of action.
5. Our graduates have a sense of compassion that motivates them to both participate and lead in their local and global communities.