|Work hours||Add information|
|About||The North Mayfair Improvement Association is a neighborhood organization of residents dedicated to keeping North Mayfair a safe and desirable place to live|
North Mayfair Improvement Association, formed in 1929, represents neighbors working together to keep our community a safe, beautiful and exceptional place to live and raise families. NMIA provides a forum for residents to discuss concerns and suggestions for improving the community and work together to make it better. "The Improver," NMIA's newsletter distributed 5 times per year helps keep members and residents informed and involved.
Some NMIA neighborhood activities include:
- Sponsor and volunteer in park cleanup projects at Gompers Park.
- Help preserve and maintain the nature trails, lagoon, and wetlands in the park.
- Sponsor one boys and one girls baseball teams in association with the Gompers Park Athletic Association.
- Help fund Gompers Park for the children's Easter, Halloween, and Christmas parties.
- Sponsor a 4th of July Parade for the community.
- Provide financial assistance to the Garden Club to help beautify North Mayfair.
- Work closely with our alderman and her staff on issues affecting our community.
- Maintain a vigilance regarding zoning changes, property use and new developments to protect property values and the character of the neighborhood.
- Work closely with other civic organizations to stay informed on local issues.
This Old House Magazine named North Mayfair one of the Midwest's best old house neighborhoods in 2010 - among the best for: City Life, Cottages and Bungalows, Families, First-Time Buyers, Fixer-Uppers, Singles.