Welcome to the official Facebook page of Northside College Preparatory High School, a selective enrollment Chicago Public School. Go Mustangs!
We are a diverse community striving for excellence so that all may lead productive and balanced lives in a more democratic, ethical, and humane global society.
- Creating a community of learners striving to fulfill individual and collective intellectual, emotional, social, and ethical potentials
- Forging partnerships for learning among parents, students, teachers, and local community institutions
- Challenging all to assume active roles in improving both the local and global communities
- Creating an environment in which learners construct meaning by actively participating in the learning process
Northside College Preparatory High School inspires and prepares students to positively change the world.
Ranked #1 Public High School in the State of Illinois, 2000–2013
Ranked #2 Public High School in the nation in 2013 by TheBestSchools.org
Ranked #2 in the Midwest by Newsweek, 2012
Ranked #10 Magnet High School in the Nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2012
Ranked #16 Nationally in Math and Science by U.S. News & World Report, 2012
Ranked among Gold Medal Schools by U.S. News & World Report, 2007–2009
Ranked #33 in the nation in 2013 by U.S. News & World Report
Ranked #24 in the nation, and #1 in the state of Illinois, in 2011 by Newsweek
2011 National Blue Ribbon School by U.S. Dept. of Education
Northside College Preparatory H.S. (NCP) uses social media to foster constructive conversations about how we can offer a world-class education to our students. To ensure that NCP social media platforms are safe spaces for productive and respectful dialogue, all users must respect the following policies:
• Threats, abusive language, harassment, personal attacks, graphic or obscene language, and comments that disparage any ethnic, racial or religious group or any gender, sexual orientation or disability status are prohibited.
• Comments should relate to the information, topic, or question posted by NCP.
• Comments by Chicago Public Schools employees should reflect the professionalism and ethical standards expected of Chicago Public Schools employees in any situation, online or offline.
NCP maintains the right to delete posts and block users that violate these policies. Please be aware that you assume personal responsibility for your comments, username and any information provided through any NCP social media platform.
This page is monitored by NCP staff members and Chicago Public Schools.