|Work hours||Add information|
|About||We are a happy and vibrant Independent day school in Upminster, offering a tailor-made, holistic education for boys and girls, aged 3 to 11.|
"It is the aim of our school to create a happy, caring, structured environment where our children are free to learn, to discover and to grow"
• To create an environment with a true Montessori ethos, where children are valued. A happy community that promotes learning, where children are proud of their achievements and develop a positive attitude to their work.
• To help children reach their full intellectual potential, through a wide range of educational experiences that develop skills in communication, numeracy, decision making and other intellectual, creative and physical areas.
• To help pupils become self disciplined, to make them aware of their behaviour and responsibilities towards home, school and the wider world.
• To instill respect towards others, to develop a code of moral values which include tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life.
• To develop physical, intellectual, moral and spiritual awareness in each child.
• To provide a stimulating environment and broad based curriculum catering for the needs of each child.
• To help pupils acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life and employment in a fast changing world.
• To develop mutually beneficial relationships with parents and the local community.
• To afford maximum opportunity for the professional development of the staff.
• To foster an enquiring mind and a love of learning that will stay with each child throughout his/her life.
Above all we want children to have gained positive learning experiences in our school, to be equipped when they leave here at 11 years old, with self confidence, and a continuing desire to learn and who are happy to take on new challenges, who respect themselves, their fellow human beings and the world around them.
Choosing the right school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will ever have to make. At Oakfields you can be assured that the school will provide the best education for your child through both practical and life experience. Each pupil has a positive identity and is a valued member of the school community. The staff work tirelessly for the children and enjoy an excellent home-school partnership with parents.
The stimulating, supportive atmosphere of the School encourages confidence, enthusiasm for learning and consideration for others. We place a strong emphasis on good manners and thoughtfulness, developing life skills of social confidence and making friends as well as the ability to learn, use information technology, solve problems and make sensible judgements. With the benefit of small classes each pupil can receive individual attention, while at the same time being part of a lively outward-looking school community.
We welcome all faiths and celebrate all faith festivals. We consider our morning assemblies to be an integral part of school life as they present moral and topical themes in a simple and meaningful way.
We recognise that your child's progress is intrinsically affected by the attitudes, ethos and expectations of the learning environment.