|Work hours||Add information|
An intensive 12-month transformative leadership incubator, designed to support you in pursuing your passion for social justice.
#TransformYourFuture #FundYourPassion #BuildYourCommunity #KickstartYourCareer
The OceanPath Fellowship provides community-focused experiential learning opportunities for graduating students to become active and effective change-makers, bringing new ideas and working closely with communities to foster sustainable and positive social change in Canada and around the world.
The Coady Institute is excited to partner with the following universities in offering this Fellowship: McGill University, Queen's University, University of Ottawa and St. Francis Xavier University.
The year-long Fellowship is designed for students who have:
- demonstrated the capacity and potential to develop as effective change-agents;
- a meaningful connection with a community of their choosing, locally, nationally or internationally; and
- EITHER an innovative idea of how this community could be strengthened or developed OR a connection with a positive and sustainable community development initiative in any field already underway within this community that they would like to build upon.
Candidates do not need to develop a completed plan at application stage, but rather have an interesting and innovative idea of something that could strengthen the community that can then be further developed in the first few months of the program, informed by the on-campus and distance learning components.
Upon selection to the program, Fellows are provided with up to $25,000 to contribute to:
- a living allowance (including housing, food, local transport and insurance);
- travel and travel-related expenses, to cover airfares to and from home locations and the community (if required), and, for those traveling internationally, such things as visas, immunisations and health insurance; and
- initiative funding, to cover expenses such as start-up and operational costs.
The Fellowship also provides participants with leadership development and one-on-one coaching to support fellows' personal learning throughout their fellowship experience.
Integrated throughout the program is the Coady I