We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. Read more…
Old Wilson Schoolhouse Community Center

Old Wilson Schoolhouse Community Center

5655 W Main St, Wilson (WY), 83014-1515, United States

Get Directions

(307) 413-9507

Categories
Now OPEN
Work hours
MO 08:00 – 22:00 SA 08:00 – 22:00
TU 08:00 – 22:00 SU 08:00 – 22:00
WE 08:00 – 22:00
TH 08:00 – 22:00
FR 08:00 – 22:00
About Our Mission is to preserve the spirit of an historic building for the sake of community.
Old Wilson Schoolhouse Community Center cover
Mission Our Mission is to preserve the spirit of an historic building for the sake of community.
Description The OWSCC is used daily by local chefs who work out of the commercial kitchen and the Pumpkin Patch Preschool. AA meetings take place at the facility four times a week and a church convenes at the schoolhouse on Sunday. The public can rent the schoolhouse for use of all kinds, weddings and wedding events, public presentations, memorial services, staff parties, trade shows, etc.

The Wilson Schoolhouse was built in 1930 as a two room schoolhouse. As the community grew so did the schoolhouse which served as an educational facility until the end of the 1998-1999 school year. After being decommissioned, demolition threathened the building but community members organized to save the historic building and ownership of the facility and property were transferred to Teton County in 2002. Proponents for preserving the schoolhouse elected to demolished new additions to the building to return the structure closer to the original two room design. In February 2003, Teton County entered into a long-term lease agreement with the Old Wilson Schoolhouse Center, Inc., a non-profit, to operate the facility as a community center. The Wyoming Business Council provided a $600,000 grant to remodel the facility. The Teton County Historic Preservation Board has recognized the Old Wilson Schoolhouse as a prominent historic structure and is active in maintaining the historical integrity of the facility.
Awards National Historical Registry
Founded Roberta Seaton, Melinda Kornblum, David Rupert, Larry Thal, Len Carlman, Ben Clark, The founding board of the OWSCC included Jeanine Maher, Ellen Linn, Richard Johnson, Molly Hawks, Gary Hardeman,
  • 5655 W Main St, Wilson (WY), 83014-1515, United States
  • Get Directions

Similar places nearby