|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Omixon is a molecular diagnostics company that commercializes disruptive innovations specializing in targeted applications for Next Generation Sequencing.|
|Mission||Omixon helps clinical, diagnostic and research labs to adopt NGS for the benefit of patients, by providing precise and validated data analysis application.|
* Our software products are integrated into leading bioinformatics packages.
* Our services are developed on the Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure.
* Our scientists have experience in world leading institutions such as the European Bioinformatics Institute, Yale University, Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences and in leading pharmaceutical companies such as Novartis and AstraZeneca.
* Our engineers have experience working for IBM, Siemens and Lufthansa Systems.
* We have an extensive scientific publication record and are recognized as leaders in solving technological problems related to cloud computing.
* We are regular contributors to open source cloud technology projects, such as Hadoop, Oozie, Whirr and JClouds.
The Omixon Holotype HLA™ product combines a targeted HLA Assay and the Omixon HLA Twin™ software to deliver the most accurate high-resolution HLA genotyping available. Omixon maintains an active grant-funded research program and assists scientists and clinicians to analyze the most challenging genomic regions including HLA, KIR and ABO.
Omixon Target HLA typing - a feature built into Omixon Target - follows a similar alignment technique to the one described in this recent PNAS paper, however the Omixon version differs somewhat in the fine details, and it is much faster at finding known alleles but (currently) not as capable of finding novel alleles.
Omion Target Pro includes all the features of Omixon Target, including the HLA Typing feature and all the genomics data analysis tools and features. In addition, it also includes integrated access to a number of third party tools, including a better variant call pipeline for Ion Torrent and Roche 454 data (based on the SamTools mpileup), a demultiplexing import and an sff import feature. The Pro version is only available for a 64 bit Linux operating system and requires some manual installation and configuration of third party tools in addition to the usual installation steps.