Our Lady of Lourdes Church is a Roman Catholic church in Leeds. It was built by the Society of Jesus in the 1920s and it is situated on Cardigan Road in Burley, Leeds.HistoryOriginally, when the church was originally built it was called the Sacred Heart Chapel, because it was a chapel of ease for the Sacred Heart Parish church in Leeds.FoundationIn 1890, a provost of Leeds Cathedral, Browne, created a Mass centre for the Burley area when he bought a cottage on the corner of Poplar Street and Burley Road. This became the home of the Sacred Heart Parish.In 1905, William Gordon, Roman Catholic Bishop of Leeds, invited the Jesuits to take over the running of it. Shortly afterwards, the presbytery was moved to Vinery Road, and the Jesuits built a church on the site of the old cottage, which became the parish church of the local area, Sacred Heart Church.A small primary school, Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, was built to the rear of the church. The Jesuits also started a nearby secondary school, Leeds Catholic College on 18 September 1905. In 1933, it became St Michael's College.