|Work hours||Add information|
Pacific Friends are advocates of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, an organisation which has saved 17-million lives, and counting.
Pacific Friends of the Global Fund is an advocacy organisation dedicated to building strong political and financial support for the life-saving work of the Fund and the fight against HIV, Tuberculosis and Malaria in the Pacific region.
In pursuing this goal Pacific Friends will:
- Actively engage with governments, policy leaders, civil society organisations and decision makers to achieve sustained funding and support for the Global Fund;
- Raise awareness of HIV, TB and Malaria and the work of the Global Fund among policy leaders and decision makers through forums, publication of papers, research, policy briefs, opinion pieces and through appropriate participation in public debate;
- Promote scientifically validated, best practice measures for prevention, treatment and care of the three diseases in the Pacific region;
- Highlight the need to protect the human rights of affected communities and people living with the three diseases, especially in regard to the rights of women and children; and
- Make proposals on the future role of Friends organisations to assist the Global Fund in the discharge of its world wide mission.
Pacific Friends of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria ("Pacific Friends") is a high-level advocacy organisation which seeks to mobilise regional awareness of the serious threat posed by HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria to societies and economies in the Pacific. In pursuing its goals Pacific Friends has a specific interest in highlighting the need to protect the rights of women and children in the Pacific.