Panmure Railway Station is on the Eastern Line of the Auckland railway network in New Zealand. The original Panmure Station opened on 16 November 1930, on a site to the south of the current station. The station was relocated to its current site in 2007. Panmure Station received a major upgrade and became a significant bus-rail interchange, as part of the AMETI project, during the 2012–2014 period.HistoryThe Eastern Line was completed in September 1929, and was opened for traffic on 11 May 1930. Panmure Station opened on 16 November 1930, and was situated about 100m west of Ireland Road. A small station building was located in the middle of the station's island platform. At the time of opening, the area surrounding the station was predominantly rural. Access to the station was originally provided by two pedestrian bridges. A ramp from the northern end of the platform led to a bridge between Ireland Road and the western side of the station, from where a path provided access to the Ellerslie-Panmure Highway. From the southern end of the platform, a bridge provided access from the platform to a path which led to the Mount Wellington Highway.By the end of the 1950s the area surrounding the station had become substantially more developed. Ireland Place had become a residential street, and there was a mix of residential and light industrial development on Mount Wellington Highway. Several side-streets had been built between Mount Wellington Highway and the railway. Access from the northern bridge to Ireland Road had been removed, and ramps were added from the southern bridge to William Harvey Place (off Mount Wellington Highway) and Ireland Road.