Pensar Academy is a free, non-profit public charter school. Pensar Academy serves grades 4th-8th.
|Mission||Pensar Academy will develop middle school students with the essential skills to be agents of change in a 21st century global society.|
Our Unique Mission…Pensar Academy exists to develop middle school students with the essential skills to be agents of change in a 21st century global society. These essential skills are to navigate new challenges to resolution, collaborate and communicate with purpose and production, and reach their full potential in post-secondary education to become agents of change within the community. Pensar Academy is a free public charter school serving 4th-8th grades students in west Phoenix/Glendale Area.
Misión: Pensar Academy se desarrollan los estudiantes de secundaria con las habilidades esenciales para ser agentes de cambio en una sociedad global del siglo 21.
Visión: Todos nuestros estudiantes van a navegar críticamente los nuevos retos de la resolución, colaborar y comunicarse con el propósito y la producción, y alcanzar su pleno potencial en la educación post-secundaria para convertirse en agentes de cambio dentro de la comunidad.
Our Educational Model will be a unique within the community. We will be the first school servicing middle school students in this community intentionally designed to focus systematically on excellence in student achievement through:
1. A Rotational Model that integrates through blended learning best teaching practices, Response to Intervention, and technology in all core classes.
2. A Project-Based curriculum.
3. Individualized Growth Plans for every student.
4. A Culture that supports post-secondary aspirations.
Our Instructional Philosophy is rooted in 4 basic beliefs. We believe:
1. Education must feel and be individualized for students to feel and be meaningful to students.
2. Regardless of socio-economic status, all students can unlock the opportunities of Post-secondary education by “beginning with the end in mind”.
3. To compete in a 21st century global marketplace, each student must possess the 4Cs of creativity, communication, collaboration, and critical thinking to maximize his/her growth and success in lif
2016- Charter Starter Program Grant Recipient
2015- Walton Family Foundation Grant Recipient
2014- New Schools for Phoenix Fellows