|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Phillip Island parkrun is a FREE weekly timed 5km event for runners of all standards, which takes place every Saturday at 8am.|
To provide a free, weekly, timed 5km running / walking event to every community that wants one – thereby increasing participation in running, promoting a healthy lifestyle and improving social cohesion in local communities.
Our objective is simple and measurable... To empower as many members of the community to get involved in parkrun, either by volunteering or running but ideally both.
Our values reflect our mission and objectives:
• We want more people to be active, to walk, jog and run and to love running.
• We want more people to join clubs and to become part of the formal club structure.
• We want more people to enter other running events if that is the path they chose.
• We create community running events organised by local volunteers.
• We want there to be no barriers preventing someone from taking part in a parkrun.
PhillipIsland parkrun is a FREE weekly timed 5km event for runners of all standards, which takes place every Saturday at 8am at Churchill Island Farm at Phillip Island.
Phillip Island parkrun is FREE and open to people of all standards and ages, both as volunteers and as runners / walkers. We encourage people of every ability to take part, from those taking their first steps in running to Olympians, from juniors 5 years or older to those with decades of experience. All runners receive encouragement and enjoy being part of a community event open to all standards. Equally, our volunteer teams come from a huge variety of backgrounds and we urge everybody to get involved in organising their local events at least 3 times per year.
|Founded||11th July 2015|