|About||A church member of the Evangelical Association of Reformed, Christian, and Congregational Churches.|
PILGRIM REFORMED CHURCH
STATEMENT OF FAITH
As a part of the Evangelical Association of Reformed and Congregational Christian Churches, these are the beliefs of Pilgrim Reformed Church.
We affirm the following:
1. The Trinitarian name of God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. God has revealed Himself fully and decisively as attested in Holy
Scripture. We believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New
Testaments, to be the inspired and authoritative Word of God. The
Scriptures are the guide of faith and life.
3. There is only one way to salvation - through Jesus Christ.
4. The sanctity of human life at every stage based on our creation in the
image of God and our election by God for service in His Kingdom.
5. The Biblical guidelines for human sexuality: marriage as the union of
one man and one woman, fidelity and holiness in marriage and chastity
outside of marriage for the sake of the Kingdom.
6. That the mission of the Church is to spread the good news of the Gospel of salvation in every word and deed. We are sent by Christ into all the world to bring every person into a life of faith, discipleship and
submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
11-30-2014 Approved by Congregation