Poplar Lawn Historic District is a national historic district located at Petersburg, Virginia. The district includes 372 contributing buildings and consists primarily of mid- to late-19th-century, single-family residences grouped about a two-block green. It includes notable examples of Greek Revival, Colonial Revival, Second Empire, and Italianate style residential architecture. Notable buildings include the Bolling-Zimmer House (c. 1830), St. Stephen’s Church (c. 1912), Zion Baptist Church (c. 1880s), William T. Double House (c. 1855), the Waterworks (1856), Dr. Robert Broadnax House (1858), Market Street Methodist Church Parsonage (c. 1905), Maurice Finn House (c. 1904), and the Frank M. D'Alton Double House (c. 1911).The district also includes Poplar Lawn Park, featuring a stone basin of uncertain age that is five feet across, and having an oval-shaped depression a foot wide and a foot deep. It is traditionally known as "Pocahontas' bath", though there is no proof she ever used it.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980, with a boundary increase in 2006.