|About||The PSC was created through Republic Act 6847 in 1990 to serve as the "sole policy-making and coordinating body of all amateur sports development programs and institutions in the Philippines."|
To serve as the prime catalyst and advocate for the propagation and development of Philippine sports by helping shape policies and setting priorities through the following:
● coordinating and implementing a national sports program;
● creating equitable opportunities for participation in sports by all sectors;
● providing assistance to stakeholders and partners;
● supporting the specially talented athletes for high level competitions; and
● promoting the development of those physical qualities and moral values which is the basis of sports.
A Commission with a unified sports program which will enhance the quality of life of the Filipinos, instill national pride and attain international prestige through excellence in sports.
●Increased participation in sports by Filipinos; and
●Excellence in sports performance by Filipinos.
In view of the foregoing guiding principles, vision and mission statement, the PSC will pursue two basic objectives :
● Increased participation in sports by Filipinos; and
● Excellence in sports performance by Filipinos.