|Work hours||Add information|
Polytechnic University of the Philippines
Towards a Total University
The mission of PUP in the 21st Century is to provide the highest quality of comprehensive and global education and community services accessible to all students, Filipinos and foreigners alike.
It shall offer high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that are responsive to the changing needs of the students to enable them to lead productive and meaningful lives.
PUP commits itself to:
1. Democratize access to educational opportunities;
2. Promote science and technology consciousness and develop relevant expertise and competence among all members of the academe, stressing their importance in building a truly independent and sovereign Philippines;
3. Emphasize the unrestrained and unremitting search for truth and its defense, as well as the advancement of moral and spiritual values;
4. Promote awareness of our beneficial and relevant cultural heritage;
5. Develop in the students and faculty the values of self-discipline, love of country and social consciousness and the need to defend human rights;
6. Provide its students and faculty with a liberal arts-based education essential to a broader understanding and appreciation of life and to the total development of the individual;
7. Make the students and faculty aware of technological, social as well as political and economic problems and encourage them to contribute to the realization of nationalist industrialization and economic development of the country;
8. Use and propagate the national language and other Philippine languages and develop proficiency in English and other foreign languages required by the students’ fields of specialization;
9. Promote intellectual leadership and sustain a humane and technologically advanced academic community where people of diverse ideologies work and learn together to attain academic, research and service excellence in a continually changing world; and
10. Build a learning commu
College of Nutrition and Food Science
As an integral part of the PUP which subscribes to the principle that education is an instrument for national development, the College of Nutrition and Food Science believes that such development can only be achieved through the provision of optimum nutrition, food safety and security, and sustainable food industry for a healthy citizenry.
The College of Nutrition and Food Science envisions itself to be the center of development and excellence on the science and technology of food and nutrition producing professionals who are imbued with a high sense of values and expertise necessary for the improvement of the quality of the life of the people.
To contribute to national progress by developing competent managers, leaders and personnel in the field of food science and nutrition through a continuing pursuit and delivery of knowledge, attitude and skills that meets the demand of an e- world.