Queen Elizabeth School, or QES and QE for short, was the first English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI) (Anglo-Chinese) co-education secondary school founded by the Government of Hong Kong. It is located on a mound at the boundary of Sai Yee Street and Prince Edward Road West in Mong Kok, Kowloon, adjacent to Grand Century Place, CCC Heep Woh Primary School and HK Weaving Mills Association Primary School.The school was conceived in 1953 when Queen Elizabeth II was crowned. Later it was run in September 1954 but operated as an after school on the premises in King's College, until October 1955 when it moved to the present location in Mong Kok.The QES school camp in Cham Chuk Wan, Sai Kung District, the New Territories was opened in 1962. With the transfer of sovereignty over Hong Kong to China in 1997, the original school badge with a crown was changed to a new one with the logo of the Education Department. Later, the Education Department was replaced by the Education and Manpower Bureau (EMB) (now Education Bureau, EDB), and the school badge was changed again.