|About||Health counseling, advocacy, and policy development for queer, trans, and intersex students at UCSB.|
In Spring 2017, students came together to ask the UCSB administration to provide quality healthcare for all students regardless of gender identity, expression, or sexuality. The office of the Queer & Trans Health Advisor was launched as part of that initiative. This student-focused resource exists to foster an affirming environment and promote total health for LGBTQIA students at UCSB. The Queer & Trans Health advisor develops patient-centered policy regarding sexuality and gender diversity, acts as a liaison between LGBTQIA students and Student Health, and provides individual patient advocacy, including:
• Connecting students with affirming and informed clinicians
• Accompanying patients to appointments
• Providing general information on queer & trans health
• Acting as a point of contact for student complaints regarding LGBTQIA care problems and helping to facilitate appropriate solutions
• Increasing transparency for students
Visit us at Student Health (blue hallway, 1714), call at 893-2535, or email email@example.com send a message through Facebook!