|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Reach Cyber Charter School (Reach) is a statewide Pennsylvania cyber school for grades K-12. Now enrolling for the 2018-19 school year!|
Reach’s mission is to help each student maximize his or her potential and meet the highest performance standards through a uniquely individualized learning program through flexible pacing and 21st century learning opportunities including hands on STEM activities and experiences.
Reach will offer students throughout the state access to a quality education, supported by the Connections Academy educational program, by providing the personalized learning inherent in a high quality cyber school. Reach will provide a complete public school experience for students in grades K–12 focusing on the students' academic growth, social and emotional needs, and post-secondary goals. Reach will offer flexible pacing options that allow all students to choose attendance based on a traditional calendar, year-round, or for high school students, an accelerated schedule. Reach will offer students STEM activities, experiences, and opportunities throughout each school year.
Reach Cyber Charter School (Reach) is a statewide Pennsylvania cyber school for students in grades K–12. In the fall of 2016, the school will initially open for students in grades K-9. Reach, previously Advance Cyber Charter School, was recently renamed to better reflect the aspirations of the school.
The Reach Founding Board submitted its application to the Pennsylvania Department of Education in September. A decision is expected in late April 2016. Make sure to check back here often for updates on the status of the application.
Reach will feature:
• A personalized and flexible education for Pennsylvania students in grades K–12, with a strong focus on parental involvement (beginning with K–9 in 2016)
• A rigorous, proven K–12 cyber curriculum aligned to the Pennsylvania Academic Standards
• Pennsylvania-certified teachers and school leaders who can use readily available student performance data to guide day-to-day instructional decisions
• Access to hundreds of courses including more than 20 Advanced Placement® courses, numerous electives, and extracurricular programs all designed to help students develop critical thinking, global awareness, and technical skills essential for success
• Opportunities for students with advanced abilities in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics to interact with other like-minded students through the STEM Talent Network, participate in a variety of STEM competitions and learning activities, and gain exposure to today's cutting-edge innovations through guest experts in fields such as robotics, cyber security, environmental science, and astronomy
• Access to more than 30 Career Technical Education (CTE) courses, which allow students to combine both college preparation and workforce skills development into one customized education program
• Assessments combined with top-quality curriculum and instruction to improve student achievement and maintain a high level of accountability