Reservoir is a surface station on the MBTA's Green Line "D" Branch, located on the border of Boston and Brookline, Massachusetts near Cleveland Circle. The station is adjacent to Reservoir Yard and Carhouse, with the Cleveland Circle terminus of the "C" Branch just a block away. With a daily ridership of 3,395, Reservoir is the second-busiest surface stop on the "D' Branch (after Brookline Village).Reservoir station is handicapped accessible, with raised platforms to accommodate low-floor trams.HistoryBrighton Street opened as a commuter rail station on the Charles River Branch Railroad (by then merged into the Charles River Railroad) in November 1852. The station was located on the north side of the tracks east of Brighton Street (later Chestnut Hill Avenue). The station was moved west of Chestnut Hill Avenue and renamed Reservoir around the time the Chestnut Hill Reservoir opened in 1870. In 1883, the Boston and Albany Railroad bought the line between Brookline Junction and Cook Junction and extended it to Reservoir as its Highland Branch, running Newton Circuit service beginning in 1886. A Richardsonian Romanesque station building, designed by Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge, opened in 1888 near the original station location.