|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Interested in finding out more about the Rotaract Club of Macquarie University? Sign up to our fortnightly bulletin here: http://eepurl.com/ucTED|
- To develop professional and leadership skills.
- To emphasise and respect the rights of others, based on recognition of the worth of each individual.
- To recognise the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve.
- To recognise, practice, and promote ethical standards as leadership qualities and vocational responsibilities.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the needs, problems and opportunities in the community and worldwide.
- To provide opportunities for personal and group activities to serve the community and promote international understanding and goodwill toward all people.
The club aims to expand the members' understanding of the work environment and business opportunities in the community. It also aims to show how undertaking volunteer work is relevant to the work place, with skills such as communication, compromise and understanding of other parties. Examples of activities that are provided by Rotaract and Rotary for professional development are:
- Business networking mixers where Rotaractors are able to meet professional in an informal setting and learn from their experience.
- Seminars on management and marketing.
- Leadership development courses such as RYLA.
- Guest speakers on a variety of topics such as finance and resume writing.
- Improving public speaking skills with seminars and opportunity to speak to other clubs.
The Rotaract motto is "Service above Self". Our main goals are to improve the world around us through service. Depending on the interests of the members, our community projects can be quite diverse. Such community based service projects may include:
- Educational projects such as tutoring programmes or mentoring.
- Supporting disadvantaged or disabled people.
- Addressing homelessness in the community.
- Environmental projects such as "Clean Up Australia Day" or restoring vegetation.
- Supporting existing charity groups.
Like for community service Rotaract aims to also assist those in need on an international level. These projects may also be in conjunction with Rotary Clubs and usually are humanitarian based projects. International service projects may include:
- Providing assistance after a natural disaster.
- Addressing poverty in developing nations.
- Increasing literacy rates around the world.
- Ensuring all people have basic human rights.
- Environmental projects such as supporting a sustainable lifestyle.
We also believe that for us to give to the community we must also be able to enjoy ourselves. P
|Founded||4th September 2010|