|About||Welcoming all to live the light of Christ: We are a community of faith–people of God, who seek to proclaim boldly by word and action the reconciling Gospel of Jesus Christ.|
WHO WE ARE
Saint Mark’s Episcopal Cathedral strives to be:
• A house of prayer for all people, where we worship God and proclaim the reconciling Gospel of
• A loving, welcoming, inclusive community that nurtures faith, encourages service, and integrates
social and environmental justice into our lives
• A sacred gathering place for the Diocese of Olympia and the broader community in times of
crisis, sorrow, and celebration
WHAT WE DO
• We gather in prayer to experience God and to seek spiritual renewal and direction
• We offer diverse worship services that engage people through liturgy, spoken word, and music
• We create faith formation opportunities that invite people to grow, wherever they are on their
journey of faith
• We build a vibrant community life by sharing our stories and nurturing our relationships
• We practice Christ’s message of justice in all of our ministries through service to others
Wherever you are on your journey of faith, you are welcome here!
Welcome—We invite people of all faiths and cultures to share this house of prayer.
Inspire—We are inspired by the light of Christ and are fed by the deep springs of the Spirit.
Transform—We seek to be transformed by love and to share this love generously with others.
Serve—We serve the poor and those in need, we engage in the work of justice at home and abroad, and we seek to be good stewards of the earth.
Barbara Martin, Child Care Center Director
Becky Morrill, Canon Precenter
Bre Overton, Youth Ministries
Brian Fairbanks, Associate Musician
Cindy Spencer, Children & Family Ministries
The Reverend Earl Grout, Deacon
El McFarland, Cathedral Shop Manager
Erik Donner, Executive Assistant to the Dean/Membership Support
George Treusch, Cathedral Shop Book Buyer
Glenn Sands, Sexton
The Rev. Jennifer King Daugherty, Curate
Kathleen Tyrrell, Saint Mark's Counseling Service
Liz Sloat, Communications
Mark Jacobs, Accounting Manager
The Reverend Michael Carroccino, Curate
Mel Butler, Canon Musician
The Reverend Nancee Martin, Canon of Saint Mark's Cathedral, Associate to the Rector
Rebekah Gilmore, Associate Director of the Boys and Girls Choir
The Reverend Stephen Crippen, Deacon
The Very Reverend Steve Thomason, Dean and Rector