The Ferry Building Marketplace is a people's marketplace serving residents and travelers alike. Located within the historic Ferry Building at the foot of Market Street, shops large and small celebrate food in all its forms.
We are very committed to the artisan food community and to fostering the values of that community here at the Ferry Building. We envision the Ferry Building Marketplace as a vibrant gathering of local farmers, artisan producers, and independently owned and operated food businesses, and the customers they serve. We are creating a community of like-minded people that will:
- Showcase small regional producers that practice traditional farming or production techniques and who develop personal relationships with their customers.
- Promote the Bay Area's vast ethnic diversity and serve and an incubator for artisan producers who are returning to sustainable methods of agriculture and production.
- Provide a central location for the promotion of the world-class food and wine producing regions of Northern California and recognize wine's connection to our rich regional cuisine.
- Collaborate with local transit authorities to build strong regional ties to the Ferry Building and support the revitalization of the San Francisco waterfront.
- Operate as a community gathering-place for the celebration of local culture and cuisine.
You can sign up for our monthly e-newsletter here: