San Nicola da Tolentino agli Orti Sallustiani is a church in Rome. It is one of the two national churches of Armenia. The church was built for the Discalced Augustinians in 1599, and originally dedicated to the 13th century Augustinian monk, St. Nicholas of Tolentino .HistoryThe interior was rebuilt 1614 - 1620 by Carlo Buti and Martino Longhi, supported by patronage by the Pamphilj family. The Milanese architect Francesco Buzio was also involved in the redesign. Starting in 1654, it was rebuilt by Giovanni Maria Baratta, one of the main pupils of Alessandro Algardi. In 1883, the church was given to the Pontifical Armenian College by Pope Leo XIII. The Armenian Catholic Church is in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church.InteriorThe main altarpiece of San Giovanni Battista is by Baciccio. The sculpture of the Madonna with Child offering the Miraculous Bread to St Nicholas, St Augustine and St Monica over the main altar was completed by Domenico Guidi with Angels by Baratta, with surrounding work of stucco by Ercole Ferrata. The high altar was based on a design by Algardi.