San Vidal is a former church, and now an event and concert hall located at one end of the Campo Santo Stefano in the Sestiere of San Marco, where it leads into the campiello San Vidal, and from there to the Ponte dell'Accademia that spans the Grand Canal and connects to the Sestiere of Dorsoduro, Venice, Italy.HistoryA church at the site was erected in the year 1084 by Doge Vitale Falier. This church was destroyed in 1105 by a major city fire. Reconstruction continued for centuries and was finished by the 16th century. But poor foundations, led to a renewed reconstruction in the 17th century, using designs Antonio Gaspari. It was rebuilt in 1696 to honor the former Doge Francesco Morosini. On the facade (1734–37), designed by Andrea Tirali, are sculpted portraits of the Doge Carlo Contarini and his wife Paolina.At present in 2016, the church is deconsecrated, and the chamber music group Interpreti Veneziani performs concerts at the church.InteriorThe main altarpiece is a San Vidal on Horseback with eight saints by Vittore Carpaccio; in the painting, four of the saints flank the saint on a white horse, while four are in the balconies above. The altar is flanked by two marble statues of the allegories of Faith and Fortitude by Antonio Gai. The interior also houses an Immaculate Conception by Sebastiano Ricci, a Crucifixion and Apostles by the female painter Giulia Lama, a Trinity with Saints Peter and Francesco di Paola by Giovanni Antonio Pellegrini, and a Guardian Angel with St Anthony of Padua and St Cajetan of Thiene'' by Giovanni Battista Piazzetta.