Sangerville Town Hall is located at 1 Town Hall Lane in the village center of Sangerville, Maine. Built in 1902, it is one of the rural community's most sophisticated architectural buildings. It was designed and built by a local contractor, and has well-proportioned Colonial Revival features. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.Description and historySangerville Town Hall is set facing east on the west side of South Main Street in Sangerville's village center, a short way south of the Piscataquis River. It is a large 2-1/2 story wood frame structure, with a dormered slate hip roof, weatherboard siding, and a granite foundation. Its main facade is three bays wide, with the center entrance sheltered by a portico that is supported by thin square posts and features an elaborately decorated entablature. The entry itself consists of a double door set in a wide arch, flanked by arched Queen Anne-style windows with colored panes. Above the entry on the second level are a grouping of three sash windows, with a Palladian window at the third level. The side bays have single sash windows at the ground level and doubled sash windows above, joined between levels by a paneled course. The north elevation repeats the window patterns of the flanking bays, with a side entrance occupying the fourth bay, which faces the parking lot. The south elevation repeats the window plan of the upper levels of the north side, but has two entrances on the ground level, flanked by either single or paired sash windows. The rear of the building originally housed a wide entrance for fire equipment; this has been closed off.The interior houses municipal offices and the library on the ground floor, and a large performance space on the upper levels, which include a third-floor gallery level. The rear of the building was built to house a fire truck and hearse; the library later expanded into this space.