|About||Helping families help themselves...since 1897!|
|Mission||Santa Maria is a catalyst and advocate for Greater Price Hill families to attain their educational, financial, and health goals.|
• Children are kindergarten-ready and youth have supports to continue their education.
• Families attain economic health through job and housing stability and successfully integrate into the community.
• Families have access to health services that improve the overall health in the community.
• Santa Maria leads collaborative community efforts to strengthen Price Hill.
|Awards||Better Business Bureau Torch Award 2004|
• Early Child Development/Parenting programs address needs of first time at-risk mothers and their children, resulting in reduced infant mortality, and helps parents prepare their children for kindergarten
• Youth Program works with Price Hill youth to increase their responsibility for the community and increase their attendance and success at school
• Wellness/Bienestar Program provides the target population with access to health education and health care, educates clients about the status of their health, and connects them to appropriate health care
• Workforce Development Program, a result of symbiosis of Price Hill Financial Opportunity Center and Literacy Center West, provides workforce & career development, income and work supports, and GED preparation helping low-to-moderate income families achieve financial stability
• International Welcome Center housed at Roberts Academy helps the Westside immigrant population acclimate to life in America
• AmeriCorps Program, a national service program that provides full- and less than full-time opportunities for participants, called members, to serve their communities and build the capacity of nonprofit organizations to meet local educational, health care access and other human needs