|Work hours||Add information|
Sea Turtle Preservation Society
The society's goal is to help maintain the current sea turtle population and to prevent a potentially irreversible decline in that population through:
• Reducing disturbances and harassment of nesting sea turtles by public education about the hazards of nighttime beach activities, habitat destruction, and beach lighting.
• Increasing the hatchling survival rate by educating the public about the impact of lighting, beach debris, habitat destruction, and marine pollution.
• Supporting the Archie Carr Wildlife Refuge Fund
• Rehabilitating hatchling sea turtles, and when required, transporting injured sea turtles to rehabilitation facilities for eventual release back into their natural environment.
• Contributing data to the Sea Turtle Stranding and Salvage Network.
• Participating in Keep Brevard Beautiful, Adopt-A-Beach program by performing monthly beach clean-up activities
• Conducting a nest survey project
To volunteer, make a donation, or just want to get involved, visit- http://www.seaturtlespacecoast.org/get-involved/
|Products||Visit our office to learn more about sea turtles and bring some turtle merchandise home! All proceeds benefit the society and our programs that benefit sea turtles.|