|About SEIU: We are an organization of more than 55,000 women and men who, by joining together, are achieving what we cannot accomplish alone.|
|Our mission is to improve the quality of life through worker empowerment and a progressive labor movement.|
SEIU Member Resource Center:
• Adult Foster Care, Nursing Homes: 1-877-637-2611
• Homecare, Child Care, Addus: 1-877-451-0002
• State workers: 1-877-772-6551
• Local Government, Non-Profit, University workers: 1-877-798-0008
Community Guidelines for SEIU 503 Facebook Pages
Our goal is to maintain a community where union members and other interested individuals can feel free to debate issues, discuss ideas and express themselves. We encourage the following feedback:
• “On topic” and responds to the content in an article or post,
• Responds to comments left by other followers,
• Brief and to-the-point,
• Constructive and civil tone, and,
• Offers an opinion without insulting individuals, groups or organizations.
Facebook is not a forum to address individual issues. Please call the SEIU 503 Member Resource Center (see numbers above) or contact a local officer or field organizer if you have concerns or questions about:
• Your rights under the union contract,
• Your benefits questions or issues or
• Your grievance issues or questions.
Please note: SEIU 503's Facebook page may not be used for campaigning purposes for any internal union elections. Campaign-related content will be removed by moderators and those who post will be warned. Multiple offenders may be permanently blocked from the page.
Additionally, please do not post content that:
• Uses foul, discriminatory, libelous or threatening language, or is racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or harassing,
• Contains advertising, solicitations or spam,
• Promotes personal businesses, charity or fundraising activities,
• Invades the privacy of others,
• Violates trademark or copyright laws or other laws or,
• Attacks individuals, groups or organizations.
Rarely and reluctantly, and consistent with Article V, Section 3 of the union’s bylaws, we reserve the right to delete comments and/or images that violate these guidelines.
Please note that while social media is a 24/7 medium, our moderation capabil