|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Seva Sadan Society is a Mumbai based Not-for-Profit Organization engaged in protecting, educating and empowering underprivileged girls and women.|
Seva Sadan Society is a Mumbai based Not-for-Profit Organization established over a century ago in 1908 as a refuge for widows and women faced with social injustices.
Over a hundred years later it continues to promote its founders’ mission of protecting women from discrimination, while changing with the needs of the times.
Today, we care for destitute, homeless girls, educate them and empower them, along with assisting low-income women of the community to rise above the poverty line. We teach them skills that would help them earn a living, gain respect and improve the quality of their lives and integrate with the changing social milieu.
Towards this end we provide HOME to homeless girls from the ages of 8-18 (at our facility in the heart of Mumbai) and look after their overall development with a holistic approach to their upbringing.
- We ensure they get good nutrition and healthcare.
- We provide a clean and pleasant living environment.
- We teach them life-skills with a strong foundation in values.
- We care for their physical and emotional wellbeing.
- We provide a high standard of education in our Seva Sadan schools for low-income girls.
- We offer enrichment programs for their personality development and opportunities to develop their latent talents, whether in the field of sports, performing or visual arts or any other creative activity.
Our vocational skills development and self-sufficiency initiatives are available not only to the girls of our Home but also to the low-income women of the society at large.
Our focus is to empower less fortunate girls and low-income women by teaching them life skills, vocational skills and exposing them to opportunities for growth on the path to self-reliance and economic independence.
|Founded||In 1908 by Shri Behramji Malbari and Diwan Dayaram Gidumal|