|Work hours||Add information|
|About||SVFD is a group of unpaid community members who want to reach out and help Sharon and the surrounding areas, especially during times of crisis.|
In 1950 Sharon Fire Department was established, when the town housed one fire engine in the store building which is presently Town Hall.
In 1958 the Fire Department building was constructed and a second truck acquired. Around 1980-1982 an additional bay was added to house a third truck.
In 1986 standard protective clothing was purchased for the 26 members with funds the Department had raised along with a matched donation from the town.
In 2016, Station 2 on Hord Road was completed. The station serves families and businesses within the western side of Sharon.
Greg Cheek--Assistant Chief
Robert Hoffman--1st Lieutenant
Stephen Burkell--2nd Lieutenant