Sharpsville is a town in Liberty Township, Tipton County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The community is part of the Kokomo, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2010 census, Sharpsville's population is 607.HistoryThe town was named after founder E.M. Sharp, who originally was from Washington County, Pennsylvania. Sharp moved to Morgan County, Illinois in 1831, prior to relocating to Jennings County, Indiana in 1838. In spring 1849, he moved to Liberty Township. The town was platted on May 24, 1850, under the assumption that Sharpsville would become the county seat for Tipton Township (which became Tipton). A town square was incorporated into the town layout which became a public park rather than the location of a place of government. The town was incorporated in 1873, but it ceased to be incorporated by vote in 1881 and regained village status.The Sharpsville post office has been in operation since 1851.Many of the first buildings were churches. The First Methodist church in Sharpsville was built in 1852 and the Richland Evangelical Lutheran Church in 1857. In 1873, the Hopewell Presbyterian Church was founded 2.5 miles east of Sharpsville, with a building being completed for the congregation in 1874.