|Work hours||Add information|
|About||SASPA is composed of psychologists (regardless of scope) whose principal interests are children, their families and the schooling process.|
The South African School Psychologists' Association (SASPA) is a non-profit professional Association which represents the unique needs, concerns and interests of all psychologists engaged in the delivery of comprehensive psychological services to children, adolescents and families in a school environment. SASPA membership is composed of psychologists (regardless of scope) whose major professional interests lie with children, families and the schooling process.
The major aims of this Association are to:
• Serve the mental health and educational needs of children and their families;
• Strive to improve the mental health of children and adolescents;
• Encourage research in child and adolescent mental health;
• Initiate and promote collaboration with allied organizations and agencies that will enhance the mental health and educational competence of children in a diverse society;
• Promote partnership among psychologists working with or within a school environment;
• Provide a forum to exchange professional ideas and discuss the complex aspects of working with or within a school environment;
• Provide opportunities for the professional development of psychologists interested in working with or within a school environment;
• Advocate for and advance the status of psychologists working with or within a school;
• Empower psychologists working with or within schools to uphold high professional standards and engage in practice that reflects the full range of their expertise;
• Act as a vehicle for all psychologists working with or within schools to actively engage with policy makers regarding the profession and to improve policies that will meet the changing and diverse practice needs of its members more effectively.